On May 5, 2016, Kennen Dorgan and Silvia Franco, with the help of their families, did a fabulous job as the event planners for the Astonished! Teaching and Learning Centre Cinco de Mayo party. This was part of Kennen’s PATH plans.
Have you ever looked at a job descriptions for an event planner? Here are some of the requirements:
- Plan, design and produce events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
Kennen and Silvia did all of this and more. They even helped us with our Spanish pronunciations. If you want a taste of the party check out our Cinco de Mayo photos on Face Book.
You might also want to get a look at what we are calling ‘Piñata therapy‘.
Thanks Kennen and Silvia and your team for this fabulous event.
Photo: Silvia, Heather, Kennen, Carmen